This past Wednesday at 10am, I set down my pen and breathed a huge sigh of relief. I had done it! I had successfully completed all of my finals. I went home. I sat down on the couch with my book. I sat around in my pajamas all day. I went to the mall. I slept the morning away. It was wonderful. It was glorious. It was boring.
It's true. I got bored. What does this say about me if I can't enjoy three days of laziness? The fact of the matter though is I hate to sit around and do nothing. So what do I do on a bright, sunny, crisp morning? I clean my house. Frankly by last week I had begun cleaning things. Last week was just the beginning though. This week, this week is the real deal. I stuck my toes in to test the water and it was fine.
So far today I have;
1. Scrubbed out the fish bowl (more on that in a later post).
2. Scrubbed out the oven (okay it's not totally clean yet. I don't have any oven cleaner on hand and boy, do I need it! I honestly have no idea the last time the oven was cleaned. I've lived here for two years. And I've never cleaned it. And yes it was dirty when I moved in.).
3. Scrubbed the paint off my toenails and applied new (man, have I been doing a lot of scrubbing today!).
4. Read one chapter in a fascinating but incredibly heavy book entitled Red Families v. Blue Families by Naomi Cahn and June Carbone (I'm quite enthralled so far. I'm interested to see what conclusions they reach).
5. The dishes three times (breakfast dishes, my lunch dishes, and all the the bowls I used while clean up after the fish).
6. Four loads of laundry (a never ending chore to be sure but I made a dent).
7. Connected my computer to my printer... again (I have so many fun recipes to print!)
8. Sat down and began this post.
It's been a productive day so far and the best thing about it? I've loved every minute of it. I love cleaning and organizing. I love turning up my music and seeing how much I can get down and how quickly. I love being busy and having my hands and mind occupied.
On the bright side, summer classes start on Monday and then I'll have more than enough to keep myself occupied!