Oh, happy Friday to you all and happy Memorial Day weekend too! Are you as excited for the unofficial start of summer as I am?! I can't believe it's already the end of May but I feel like I've been waiting for this summer for ages. We have so many fun things planned for our summer and I'm looking forward to kicking it all off this weekend! Our plans involve lots of time relaxing, lots of time outside, and maybe a bike ride or two somewhere along the way!
Here's a few glimpses of our week.
- A new beaded anklet for summer for me! Tutorial to come on Monday.
- Eating the first (and second and third) popsicle of the season on Monday. Only two left! (P.S. Justin personalized mine for me :-)
- Making a batch of our paleo-ish granola. It's mostly nuts and seeds.
- Realizing that this May marks five years of living in this house and on this alley. Living in a house with an alley was always one of my childhood dreams. Yay, for crossing something off your bucket list!
- Using my new pot to boil eggs. I'm so excited to be able to do more than a half dozen at once!
- Being amazed by how much our plants have grown in the last two weeks! I think it may be time to put the tomato cages up this weekend.
Other events from this week included:
- Finishing this book, this book, and this book. And reading this and this. (I like to have several books going at once and sometimes they all finish up at once!)
- Flipping through Ladled by Kimberly Harris. This book is beautiful, extremely well designed and full of delicious looking recipes! I picked it up from the library and made her German Lentil soup about an hour later. It was exactly what we needed after a cold run in the rain. I'm already excited for all the delicious things we'll get to eat this coming fall!
- Watching the season finale of Call the Midwife and I think we'll be watching Les Miserables this weekend. I know, I know. I'm the last person on the planet to see it. It's okay though. I don't mind ;-)
What fun things did you do this week? Do you have any big plans for Memorial Day or are you just going have a relax and enjoy your three day weekend?