Hey! We made some progress in the backroom and on the rest of the house too!
Here's what the backroom looks like at the moment:
(I took all these photos on a dark, foggy day so the first photo looks dark. The third
photo is the most accurate representation of the color of the walls.)
And here's what it looked like when we moved in:
All in all, I'd say it's a vast improvement. Here's what we've accomplished so far in the room:
- Dismantled decorative window frames and curtains
- Removed chandelier and track above dining table
- Removed wall paper behind the buffet
- Skim coated and sanded and coated and sanded that wall
- Painted ceiling, walls, windows, and trim
- Removed folding doors
There's still a list of things that we'd like to do in the near future:
- Put up curtains
- Pick a new light for above the table
- Install a ceiling fan
- And, most importantly, HANG ART.
Lots of progress but still plenty to do! I'm feeling like we need some color in the room. Our walls are "Cement Gray" by Benjamin Moore matched in Baer paint and the trim is "Ultra Pure White" from Baer. I love how it looks but it's very neutral. I know that getting art on the walls will help but what else can I do? Leave me suggestions for things that I can do to liven up the place!